4.04.2014

What Have You Done For You Lately?

Oooo ooo-ooo ooooo yeah.
That's right, a little old school Janet to start your friday right.

Anyway. I started a new position with the company I work for back in January, and while it's made me a generally happier person, the move has also made me realize that the past few work-weary years have left me with some bad habits.

Luckily, they're all kind of nice things to work on. So I give you: What I've been doing for myself lately.
image
Night-Time Moisturizer
Let's face it kids, I'm not in my teens (ahem, or even my twenties) anymore. It's time to step up the night time routine and start taking better care of my skin. My go-to brand, Aveeno, makes a delicious smelling and natural option that I'm in love with.
image
Oil Pulling
I'm planning on doing a more complete post on this later, but this ancient practice of rinsing your mouth with very pure coconut oil for 20 minutes a day (I know, but don't knock it 'til you've tried it) has been doing me some serious favors. Clearer skin, whiter teeth, better sinuses, and bloat reduction. I mean... yeah. Winner.
image
Real Clothes
Forever 21 and the like are still fun sometimes, but a shirt isn't even worth the six buck thrill if it can't make it through the washer more than twice. Sometimes it's just worth getting one nice thing that will last instead of nine trendy things that'll be a pile of thread tomorrow.
However: F21's $2 nail polish and jewelry? Still a sucker.


Things on the list to work on:
* Taking nail polish off when it chips. Like, WHEN it chips. Not eight days later when you have patches left on two nails and it looks like you've been in hand-to-hand combat with a wolverine.
image
* Pedicures. Let's keep up on those, shall we? I'm allowed to wear shoes that show my toes these days, so it's time.
* Cleaning my phone. I know it seems kind of weird, but really: When was the last time you de-bacterialized your phone? And how many things have you set it on in between times it touched your face or fingers? Bet you're about to clean it right now....

Working on anything?



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say, but comments including spam links will be deleted.