2.19.2014

Pancakes Gone Wild

It seems like since I've entered into my new job position, I've had to whip something up to bring for a potluck almost every week. It's kind of a drag sometimes, but it's forced me to expand my "what's easy that I can make with minimal ingredient purchases" repertoire. Which, coincidentally, works out pretty well for you guys.
My cookies, pre-office chow down.
These cookies discovered on Pinterest are one of the most delicious things to come out of my kitchen in a long while. Blueberry White Chocolate - The combo sounds alright, but when you taste 'em all wrapped up in a cookie... It's like the most decadent blueberry pancake you've ever dreamt of.

The cookie itself is super straight forward - Pretty much what you would make for a basic chocolate chip cookie. Except forget the chocolate (I know, I can't believe I'm saying that either), and toss in blueberries (I used straight up frozen right out of the bag) and white chocolate. DO IT.

A big thank you to Megan Myers at Stetted.com for this recipe. She's a genius, I tell ya. A genius.

FYI: I used 3 cups of all-purpose flour, omitting the 1 cup of whole wheat pastry flour. A friend tried them the way the recipe calls for, and got a slightly different result.
All all-purpose: Tastes like pancakes.
Following the recipe (2c. all-purpose, 1c. whole wheat pastry): Taste like muffins.
Both delicious.

Blueberry White Chocolate Cookies
Prep: 15 minutes   ~    Cook: 12 minutes   ~   Makes: 3 Dozen-ish
Ingredients
  • 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour (or 3c. all-purpose and no whole wheat)
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups white chocolate chips
  • 1 1/2 cups blueberries, washed and patted dry (In Knots Note: I used frozen still frozen. No patting.)
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
  2. Cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Mix in eggs and vanilla. In a separate bowl, sift together flours, baking soda, and salt. Stir into wet ingredients.
  3. Stir white chocolate chips into dough, then add blueberries, taking care not to mash the berries much.
  4. Scoop dough onto baking sheets. Bake for about 12 minutes, until browned on edges. (In Knots Note: I scooped heaping tablespoon size.)
They're so quick. Make 'em right now and just try to tell me you didn't eat them all in 2 days. Honestly, I was glad I made them for work where they'd not all disappear into my belly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say, but comments including spam links will be deleted.