3.28.2014

In Need of Sunshine

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the tragedy happening here in my very own state right now. Since it's receiving so much national attention, you are probably already aware of the massive landslide in the northern area of Oso, Washington. The lives it's claimed are rising daily, there are nearly 200 people unaccounted for, and hundreds more trying to help.
The area of the slide - Oso is about an hour north of Seattle. image
The slide from the air. image
A family dog - Buddy - being rescued (yay!) from the rubble. image
Utter Devastation image
The bleak news coverage has me longing for a little ray of hope and sunshine.

So here's a little 15 second shot of sunshine, courtesy of my yard a week ago today. In the face of what's happening, it's not much. But sometimes a 15 second break of pretty can go a long way.
Please, help Oso if you can - Monetarily, physically, prayerfully. Click here to make a donation, or text "REDCROSS" to 90999. Have a lovely weekend, everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say, but comments including spam links will be deleted.