10.30.2012

Easy Update: Basket as Side Table

I'm going to post two "projects" this week that I'm calling Easy Updates. Quick switch-outs or updates that take only minutes but make a pretty big aesthetic difference.

First up, using a basket as a side table. I fell in love with this guy at Michael's this weekend (when I was 'just browsing'... whoops), and lucky for me, I randomly hit upon the 50% off baskets sale. Sold!
I knew just where this new addition was going to land - I stuck a technically outdoor plant stand in a corner of our living room that just doesn't float my boat, and it was time to switch it out. Funny how just the one change takes it from a little hodge-podge to interesting and warm (well, in my humble opinion anyway).
Before...
...After
It's insides are empty for the moment, but I'm thinking it may be the perfect spot for our board games and puzzles that are currently taking up precious shelf space in my [someday-when-I-organize-it] sewing room. I wouldn't have paid the original price of $50 for this basket, but at $25 it was the perfect addition for this switch-a-roo/update.
Before...
...After

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say, but comments including spam links will be deleted.