8.01.2014

Saddle Up

Take that title literally, as my saddle is up and ready to ride! ...Or, at least perch on. Nate used these free plans he found online as the basic idea (he modified a few areas), and in under two hours and for less than $30, voila! A display stand strong enough to hold one saddle and one human.
It's a beautiful thing. I still can't get over the fact that I actually have this long-searched-for item in  my living room.
As you saw above, it's all sanded and I plan to stain the wood to age it a little... "old barn" is the thought. I'm also toying with the idea of somehow adding a monogram to the front panel, and finding or making a saddle blanket to sit between saddle and stand. Decisions, decisions. 
But for now... giddyap!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say, but comments including spam links will be deleted.