7.28.2014

Random Round Up: Abandoned

We took a day trip to visit my parents this weekend and ended up walking the now-abandoned golf course I grew up playing on. It was one of those sad-yet-beautiful moments: Huge old trees and fields that used to be fairways for the dogs to run through, inverted mole hills that used to be the cup everyone was focused on. Even front steps with no structure behind them. Weird. Eerie.
Walking the cart paths.
Tucker loved the trek.
Former fairways to the left, center, and right.
It's protected land right now, and I'm hoping it is turned into some sort of public park or nature reserve as it runs alongside a bay of saltwater. A new twist on a beautiful place where I've spent a lot of hours, and hopefully will get to spend more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say, but comments including spam links will be deleted.