11.01.2014

T1D Day!

November is Type 1 Diabetes Awareness Month, and today - November 1st - is T1Day across the country.

Depending on how long you've been checking up on this blog, you may or may not know about my cousin Ella, who was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes at age 7. It gave me insight to a disease I'd hardly paid attention to prior, and the strides being made in research are straight-out-of-science-fiction incredible.

Knowing a cure could come so soon - in Ella's lifetime even - makes me want to spread the word like wildfire. And hey, if I raise a little money along the way to advance the research even more... In the words of Matthew McConaughey: Alright, alright, alright.

Just like last year, my weekly Random Round Up will be replaced with T1D Tuesday for the month of November. Get ready to hear about some incredible and exciting stuff! So shake off that Halloween sugar hangover, and - how appropriate - let's make Type 1 into Type None.

 Already feeling motivated? Give to Ella, walking in the JDRF One Walk: For A World Without Type 1 Diabetes in the Twin Cities right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say, but comments including spam links will be deleted.