11.20.2012

Magic Muffins

Lately I've been seeing a lot of recipes floating around Pinterest that proclaim the magic of canned pumpkin. This isn't news to me, really, as my mom's Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies have been an autumn staple for my friends and I my whole life.

But this new 2 ingredient movement was intriguing: One box of cake mix, one can of pumpkin, done.

Really? I decided to try it.
One giant can of pumpkin and two boxes of spice cake mix later (go big or go home), I'm sold. Next up: These pumpkin brownies I've been hearing about. One box of brownie mix, one can of pumpkin.
I did have to bake the muffins about 5 minutes longer than what the spice cake box said to to reduce the moisture, but I don't know if that was due to the use of pumpkin or me adding all the raisins I threw in. Either way, the benefits of pumpkin and getting to eat cake for breakfast?  Yep.

Kind of perfect for Turkey Day morning, eh?

1 comment:

I love hearing what you have to say, but comments including spam links will be deleted.