9.11.2013

Easy Upgrade: Closet Door Hardware

Okay, so it's not edge-of-your-seat riveting content here. But I just have to share it because really: Who doesn't like a cheap upgrade that takes 15 minutes? No one, that's who. Chew on that double negative.

On with the show! Honestly I don't remember picking up this package of closet door replacement hardware, but it's been hanging around for at least a year. It caught my eye this weekend, and grabbing an it-came-with-something-from-Ikea tool that happened to be sitting on the guest room bureau, I knocked this upgrade off the to-do list in about 15 minutes.
1 package = 2 pulls and 4 nails.
Gently loosening the edges...
...which in turn raised the tiny nails. Pry them out and lift out the pull.
Gold-be-gone!
 I'm sure there's a chicer, more preferable method for prying these guys out of your sliding doors, but I'm a use what you have kind of gal. Whatever tool you pick up, be very gentle so as not to damage your closet doors. But, ta-da! The before and after:
A subtle, but great, upgrade.
 The installation was a simpler version of the extrication: Pop in the hardware, make sure it's centered in terms of a nail hole level on each side, and push in the nails. I didn't require a hammer at all because the closet door is such a soft material.

Like I said, not a thrilling tale... Not even a huge impact like some other projects. But sometimes it's the little details that add up to making a room look like it has it together. And in turn, you might just look like YOU have it together.

Well... as long as the closet never gets opened anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say, but comments including spam links will be deleted.