10.29.2015

It's Important. REALLY Important.

November is right around the corner, and that means it's Type One Diabetes Awareness Month! As you may recall, my Monday Random Round Up gets to rest for a month, and is instead replaced by T1D Tuesdays: A little spot where you can pop in, learn a little something, and spread the word.
The most incredible research is happening toward a cure, and I cannot wait to tell you about it (seriously, I save articles all year so I can tell you about 'em in November). You think the new Star Wars movie coming out is exciting? Ain't got nothin' on the real-life, special effects-type science happening in the T1D world.

And why do I care so much? In a word, Ella.
My cousin's daughter was diagnosed at age 7 with Type One, and it rocked our family's world. So much to take in, so much to learn, so many questions. Now, at age 10, Ella is a perfectly functional 4th grader: Sporty, fun, and brimming with life. She even takes charge of her own care, injecting herself with insulin and taking finger-prick sugar level readings without a flinch. She is a carb-calculating whiz, and educates other kiddos on her diagnoses with panache.

Basically, she's amazing. And why wouldn't I want to raise awareness to make her life - and that of so many others - better. T1D Tuesdays, comin' at'cha! Get excited.
image

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say, but comments including spam links will be deleted.