10.30.2011

WooSah.

Another stumbled-upon reminder to be okay with letting people help (a toughie for this D.I.Y. gal) from a wise bride featured on 100 Layer Cake :

"TIME! Weddings take time, so much time. Don't procrastinate. Get started right away and get help. No one can do this on their own. Also, just walk away. I'm the type of person that likes to be in charge of everything, but no one wants to deal with a crazy stressed out bride. If something is overwhelming you then take a break, get some air, or pass on the task to someone you trust. Everything seems like a big deal, but it really isn't. The best moments from you wedding day are going to be the ones that aren't planned. Enjoy them."

That quote almost makes me squirm it hits so close to home... Thank you to everyone who has offered me a helping hand, and I promise I'll start working on myself to reach out and take it. The offers themselves mean more to me than I think even the actual help would!
Image courtesy of ItsAllAboutWellBeing.com
 "Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are."
~Chinese Proverb~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say, but comments including spam links will be deleted.