6.14.2012

Eureka, Spirea!

As I was doing some blog reading this morning, I came across an entry of some photos taken in one author's garden. And what to my wondering eyes should appear, but one of the yet-to-be-identified flowering plants in our home garden!

Remember this photo I posted last week?
Well, the blogger referenced it as "Bridal Veil". A little Google action, and I found that while the term Bridal Veil goes for several variations of white flowering bushes, what's in our yard is Spirea. Armed with name and variety I was easily able to find care and pruning (that's the part I really needed since this guy is out of control in our garden) info. One garden mystery solved!
Pro Spirea pics from here

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say, but comments including spam links will be deleted.