3.12.2012

Under My Umberella-ella-ella

My photographer Dana reminded me of something important the other day : Make a plan for rain.

It is Washington, after all, and if there's anything you can depend on, it's some form of precipitation falling from the sky. Usually when you want it to happen the least.
What I really wanted was to purchase parasols for everyone from Bella Umbrella, a dreamy buy-or-rent local business that pedals gorgeous, fanciful umbrellas. But at $40+ a pop, it just wasn't in the cards.
 Bella Umbrella Parasol
Enter Oriental Trading. I grew up pouring over these catalogs as a kid - My primary school teaching mother would get them to order things for her classrooms. They specialize in bulk orders, thus making it easy for me to pick up a dozen umbrellas in one fell swoop.
These umbrellas happen to be meant for kids, meaning they're the perfect parasol size I was hoping for. Not to mention they're meant to be painted/stamped/decorated, so ordering a set of fabric markers to embellish in our blue palette seemed pretty perfect.

Now all we can do is hope we don't have to use 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say, but comments including spam links will be deleted.